Continue on Josh Urgent Care Visit & milestones!

Josh was given rocephine to treat whatever bacterial infection he had that was causing him to have elevated white blood cells. We stayed in urgent care for 15 minutes after he recieved the shot, just to make sure he wasn't allergic. Everything looked good. He was just drained from being there for 3 hours.
He started to feel a bit better that evening and played.
It was bedtime when I noticed the hives on his back. We always take Josh to the mirror and talk to him. His back was towards the mirror and that's when I noticed the red blotches. They were all over his back in patches. We called the nurse line and they said to give him infant benadryl. Larry went out at 9:30pm to get the med. His hives went away but of course came back after the medication wore off because the antibiotic that was given to him was a 48 hour med.
We went in the next day for a check up and let the Dr. know. She had to prescribe him another medication, oral. She said that it's unfortunate that he's allergic to rocephine because it is used in alot of medicine to treat kids who are sick. SUCKS! Not sure what we're going to do.
Josh's fever went away quickly but the medication caused him to have diarrhea, which led to a bad diaper rash. Thankfully, with many hours of airing the rash and putting ton of butt paste on it, it went away after 3-4 days.
Today, Larry will be taking him in to see the Dr. about his coughing, runny nose, puking and diarrhea. Some days his cough isn't so bad, but they there are some where it'll sound mucusy and then he ends up puking. I'm not sure what's wrong with him and I don't know how to make it go away! Because he has diarrhea, his rash is coming back. I've never had to deal with rashes this bad. It could also be due to the fact that I stopped giving him breastmilk? Who knows!?
Anyway, on to the good stuff.
Josh has finally mastered feeding himself. Not with a spoon, but with his fingers. He had practice with his puffs and yogurt melts. Before, he would use his palm to pick up the food and then he would have the hardest time putting it in his mouth. He didn't know how to open up his palm.
Now, he's able to pick food up with his index and thumb. He also learned how to open up his palm. Now I worry about him putting too much food in his mouth. Sometimes he'll grab a handful and try to stick that amount in. LOL. it's funny. He's also getting to the point where he wants to feed himself. He'll try to reach for the plate and he get really mad when I pull away.
*sigh*
Babies!
I just started Josh on meat. He doesn't like rice much. He's still on baby food #2 and that's about it. I'll give him pasta in my soup once in a while. I'm actually kind of scared to give him anything big. Plus with his constant puking, I don't really want to push him into starting new food. I really hate the puking.
He's also starting to bop up and down. I'm thinking he'll probably start dancing soon. He'll pull himself up and then he'll start shaking his little butt. It's too cute. Yesterday he was standing on his walker and he made the music come on and he was smiling and shaking his butt. LOL.
He does this all the time when he wakes up from his nap. But it's only when he's in his crib. He'll pull himself up on the crib railing and then cry and do that.
Josh it at the point now, where he will FIGHT with us. Having him lay down flat on his back (when he's awake) has been a challenge. It takes two of us to put on his diaper!!! If I'm changing his diaper by myself, I have to put one leg lightly on him to keep him from turning onto his side or stomach. Frustrating! We also have to fight with him every nap and bed time. He hates laying down or being held like a baby and will do anything to get away. When we go places, he wants to be OUT of his carseat. I gladly take him out. I want him to explore his surroundings, but when it time to get back in. He will try to get out. You have to race to get the buckle clipped on. It's funny because he'll stop crying and fighting us once the two shoulder straps are on. LOL.
My baby is growing up too quickly. He has my temper. I hope that'll change.
He started to feel a bit better that evening and played.
It was bedtime when I noticed the hives on his back. We always take Josh to the mirror and talk to him. His back was towards the mirror and that's when I noticed the red blotches. They were all over his back in patches. We called the nurse line and they said to give him infant benadryl. Larry went out at 9:30pm to get the med. His hives went away but of course came back after the medication wore off because the antibiotic that was given to him was a 48 hour med.
We went in the next day for a check up and let the Dr. know. She had to prescribe him another medication, oral. She said that it's unfortunate that he's allergic to rocephine because it is used in alot of medicine to treat kids who are sick. SUCKS! Not sure what we're going to do.
Josh's fever went away quickly but the medication caused him to have diarrhea, which led to a bad diaper rash. Thankfully, with many hours of airing the rash and putting ton of butt paste on it, it went away after 3-4 days.
Today, Larry will be taking him in to see the Dr. about his coughing, runny nose, puking and diarrhea. Some days his cough isn't so bad, but they there are some where it'll sound mucusy and then he ends up puking. I'm not sure what's wrong with him and I don't know how to make it go away! Because he has diarrhea, his rash is coming back. I've never had to deal with rashes this bad. It could also be due to the fact that I stopped giving him breastmilk? Who knows!?
Anyway, on to the good stuff.
Josh has finally mastered feeding himself. Not with a spoon, but with his fingers. He had practice with his puffs and yogurt melts. Before, he would use his palm to pick up the food and then he would have the hardest time putting it in his mouth. He didn't know how to open up his palm.
Now, he's able to pick food up with his index and thumb. He also learned how to open up his palm. Now I worry about him putting too much food in his mouth. Sometimes he'll grab a handful and try to stick that amount in. LOL. it's funny. He's also getting to the point where he wants to feed himself. He'll try to reach for the plate and he get really mad when I pull away.
*sigh*
Babies!
I just started Josh on meat. He doesn't like rice much. He's still on baby food #2 and that's about it. I'll give him pasta in my soup once in a while. I'm actually kind of scared to give him anything big. Plus with his constant puking, I don't really want to push him into starting new food. I really hate the puking.
He's also starting to bop up and down. I'm thinking he'll probably start dancing soon. He'll pull himself up and then he'll start shaking his little butt. It's too cute. Yesterday he was standing on his walker and he made the music come on and he was smiling and shaking his butt. LOL.
He does this all the time when he wakes up from his nap. But it's only when he's in his crib. He'll pull himself up on the crib railing and then cry and do that.
Josh it at the point now, where he will FIGHT with us. Having him lay down flat on his back (when he's awake) has been a challenge. It takes two of us to put on his diaper!!! If I'm changing his diaper by myself, I have to put one leg lightly on him to keep him from turning onto his side or stomach. Frustrating! We also have to fight with him every nap and bed time. He hates laying down or being held like a baby and will do anything to get away. When we go places, he wants to be OUT of his carseat. I gladly take him out. I want him to explore his surroundings, but when it time to get back in. He will try to get out. You have to race to get the buckle clipped on. It's funny because he'll stop crying and fighting us once the two shoulder straps are on. LOL.
My baby is growing up too quickly. He has my temper. I hope that'll change.

i'm soo sorry to hear about his urgent care visit & his allergic reactions! i hope he is feeling better! but keep me updated on those milestones!! they are soo much fun yet they are sooo stubborn too! :) take care!
ReplyDelete