Josh's NEW Carseat!
So we decided to go with the Britax Marathon Convertible Carseat. Somewhat pricey, but this was our next choice. I would've settled for the Grao My Ride 65 but when we tried installing it into our car it kept sliding. We even made sure it was on TIGHT and it was still sliding.
The Britax Marathon is very easy to install and I love, LOVE the easy release latch connectors. Makes it simple to install. This will allow us to rear face until josh is 35lbs and forward facing until 65lbs.
Anywho, I noticed that most parents who goes to BRU to purchase carseats don't research on one before purchasing it. While there, we overheard a couple talking to a clerk about which carseat was best. They looked at a Cosco Alpha and also the Britax Marathon and in the end they chose the Cosco because it was a 3 in 1 and the booster max weight limit goes to 100lbs.
If they had researched on it, they would know that this seat is very difficult rear facing. They didn't even take the time to take it out to try in their car. They didn't even try to install it in the car seat that the store provides for customer to try out.
I noticed the husband kept looking at us while we were installing the Britax and he even asked the check out clerk if she thought the carseat they were purchasing was safe and then asked her if ours were safe. LOL.
Another time was when we were purchasing a walker for Joshua. A mother to be's friend was trying to discourage her to not put a walker on the registry because she heard they weren't safe.
They're not safe only because in infants have fallen down stairs... but that was back then.
The walkers they make now are wider and does not fit through doorways. you literally have to pick it up and turn it upward in order for it to go through a doorway. 1 advice. Close the door to the basement! or use baby gates!
Anyways, I'm happy with our decision. We actually got 10% off of the carseat w/ a coupon. YAY!
I would also like to remind parents to try and keep their children rearfacing for as long as they can. :)
The Britax Marathon is very easy to install and I love, LOVE the easy release latch connectors. Makes it simple to install. This will allow us to rear face until josh is 35lbs and forward facing until 65lbs.
Anywho, I noticed that most parents who goes to BRU to purchase carseats don't research on one before purchasing it. While there, we overheard a couple talking to a clerk about which carseat was best. They looked at a Cosco Alpha and also the Britax Marathon and in the end they chose the Cosco because it was a 3 in 1 and the booster max weight limit goes to 100lbs.
If they had researched on it, they would know that this seat is very difficult rear facing. They didn't even take the time to take it out to try in their car. They didn't even try to install it in the car seat that the store provides for customer to try out.
I noticed the husband kept looking at us while we were installing the Britax and he even asked the check out clerk if she thought the carseat they were purchasing was safe and then asked her if ours were safe. LOL.
Another time was when we were purchasing a walker for Joshua. A mother to be's friend was trying to discourage her to not put a walker on the registry because she heard they weren't safe.
They're not safe only because in infants have fallen down stairs... but that was back then.
The walkers they make now are wider and does not fit through doorways. you literally have to pick it up and turn it upward in order for it to go through a doorway. 1 advice. Close the door to the basement! or use baby gates!
Anyways, I'm happy with our decision. We actually got 10% off of the carseat w/ a coupon. YAY!
I would also like to remind parents to try and keep their children rearfacing for as long as they can. :)


Comments
Post a Comment