Update on Josh

Turns out he has Coxsackie Virus, best known as hand, foot & mouth virus.
This virus usually takes 3-7 days to develop. I never heard of this virus.

I though he had developed a bad diaper rash. I swear he was rash free all day until he woke up a few hours after we put him to bed for the night. He was crying.... and I noticed the rash after changing his diaper shortly after. I was so shocked!

He didn't sleep well that night (Sunday) and was in pain everytime his closed his legs or move. He was home with me Monday morning and I let him roam around the house diaperless. Later on in the day, I began to notice little red spots on his butt and down his thighs/legs. I thought it was quite odd.
Larry came home and I went to work. He took Josh in to Urgent Care later on that evening because of a fever and because Josh had developed the red spots on his arms + he was puking.

There's really no treatment and we just have to wait it out.

Today, his rash looks so much better but Josh is still very tired and not eating due to the sore in his mouth. I am just thankful that he's taking in fluid and is able to keep it down. He's been sleeping alot and I hope it will help him recover quickly.

I think he caught it at daycare and I am tempted to bring a bottle of wet wipes w/ him to daycare for them to use on him instead of towels.

After all of this, I pieced things together. I noticed he had little red spots on his back but didn't think anything of it because he's usually just in his diaper and is always rolling around on the carpet. I thought it was from the carpet. I feel terrible! Then I got to thinking... did he get it from that kid who bit him?! I mean, he did break skin! Can someone get that virus that way?
I mean it is moderately contagious through sneezing, coughing, saliva and sharing spoons, etc.

sigh* I just LOVE daycare.

We are trying to prevent this from happenning again by making sure we constantly wash our hands and HIS hands before and after anything.

I do not wish this on anyone's kid. What Joshua went through was horrible!

Comments

  1. no...we didn't go to the fair this year. too many things went on that we didn't have the time to make it out there. but yea...nothing we can do, but just comfort and give them lots of hugs and kisses. i really hope joshua feels better too. they both are too cute to be getting sick. :( keep me updated on your little guy as well. *hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts