What's new!?
I haven’t blogged in such a long time. I’ve be utterly lazy- seriously. I even begged Larry to do an entry too. He said no, so I didn’t bother to enter in anything.
Josh is expanding his vocabulary daily. It’s so amazing hearing him talk. If I’m singing a song he doesn’t want me to sing, he’ll shout, quiet right now~! but it sounds more like, Quo ma now~!
When he wants Jocelyn, his cousin to play with him, he’ll take her by the hand and say, c’mon! come play.
My all time fave is when he says, Ok! I come! I come, mommy!
Josh has now started his daddy, Lawwwy! And then he’ll turn around and call him daddy again. He often asks, where Larry? Daddy? When Larry’s not home.
He’s growing up so quickly!
He loves when I sing him the itsy bitsy spider and the wheels on the bus. He’s do his music hand signs and says the words like spider, rain, wash, sun. LOL.
I’ve been meaning to have the teacher give me a list of songs they sing at daycare so I can sing those to him when we are home.
This year, Josh will be able to join his daycare buddies for trick or treating a the center. Last year it was on a Friday so we missed it because he’s not there on Fridays. Because I have been so lazy, I haven’t purchased his costume. I think I might buy an outfit and just make additions and adjustments. If I am able to find a blue toddler suit, he’ll be a conductor like the ones in Thomas and friends. I’ve seen the stripe overall conductor costumes but I don’t want to get it unless I really have to as a last resort.
This year… he’ll get to go out trick or treating too! Unlike last year… unless we are purchasing another car? Lol.
Because of our recent cavity discovery at the dentist, Josh will not get to enjoy the treats! I’ll let him have a couple but his dad will most likely be the one to eat it all. :D
So, yea… he has a few cavities. It shocked me! But… I guess I should’ve expected it because we did let him have sweets and sugary stuff. Plus I only brushed Josh’s teeth once a week- because I was afraid that he might get traumatized if I had to hold him down and then… the dentist said that I HAVE to hold him down if that’s the only way I can brush his teeth. Traumatize the kid is what they’re saying. They didn’t really give me any good advice on how to get him to brush his teeth. This was most definitely an eye opener. I now brush his teeth 3-4 times daily and have completely cut out juice and candy/sweets. The only time he gets to have these things is when we are able to quickly brush his teeth afterwards, otherwise, he gets nothing. He only get to have kix, crakers and asian rice crackers. Josh loves brushing his teeth. When I say, Joshua, brush teeth! Then he will running or sometimes he’ll grab his toothbrush (wherever he left it) and run into the bathroom screaming, YAY! I let him brush his teeth for as long as he wants with the non-flouride toothpaste and then when he’s almost done, I lye him down on the floor and brush his teeth. Sometimes he cries and says, “scared! Scared.” Just because he doesn’t want me to brush his teeth. After that he gets up on the stool again and he cleans his mouth with water. He mastered spitting the water back out instead of swallowing it… so he’s really rinsing his mouth.
Josh will have a few silver crowns put over his teeth. So after 10/22 he’ll look a bit different… maybe… maybe not. They’re only capping the molars in the back.
A shout out to all the mothers- Please take your toddler to see the dentist if you haven’t. Just because everything looks nice on the outside doesn’t me their teeth are cavity free.
Josh is now forward facing and he loves it. he knows when it’s time to go and when we stop. When the stop light turns green, he’ll scream GOOOOOOo! Too cute.
If the weather is nice this coming weekend, we’re going to visit the pumpkin patch or go to the apple orchard. I’ll post pictures after!
Josh is expanding his vocabulary daily. It’s so amazing hearing him talk. If I’m singing a song he doesn’t want me to sing, he’ll shout, quiet right now~! but it sounds more like, Quo ma now~!
When he wants Jocelyn, his cousin to play with him, he’ll take her by the hand and say, c’mon! come play.
My all time fave is when he says, Ok! I come! I come, mommy!
Josh has now started his daddy, Lawwwy! And then he’ll turn around and call him daddy again. He often asks, where Larry? Daddy? When Larry’s not home.
He’s growing up so quickly!
He loves when I sing him the itsy bitsy spider and the wheels on the bus. He’s do his music hand signs and says the words like spider, rain, wash, sun. LOL.
I’ve been meaning to have the teacher give me a list of songs they sing at daycare so I can sing those to him when we are home.
This year, Josh will be able to join his daycare buddies for trick or treating a the center. Last year it was on a Friday so we missed it because he’s not there on Fridays. Because I have been so lazy, I haven’t purchased his costume. I think I might buy an outfit and just make additions and adjustments. If I am able to find a blue toddler suit, he’ll be a conductor like the ones in Thomas and friends. I’ve seen the stripe overall conductor costumes but I don’t want to get it unless I really have to as a last resort.
This year… he’ll get to go out trick or treating too! Unlike last year… unless we are purchasing another car? Lol.
Because of our recent cavity discovery at the dentist, Josh will not get to enjoy the treats! I’ll let him have a couple but his dad will most likely be the one to eat it all. :D
So, yea… he has a few cavities. It shocked me! But… I guess I should’ve expected it because we did let him have sweets and sugary stuff. Plus I only brushed Josh’s teeth once a week- because I was afraid that he might get traumatized if I had to hold him down and then… the dentist said that I HAVE to hold him down if that’s the only way I can brush his teeth. Traumatize the kid is what they’re saying. They didn’t really give me any good advice on how to get him to brush his teeth. This was most definitely an eye opener. I now brush his teeth 3-4 times daily and have completely cut out juice and candy/sweets. The only time he gets to have these things is when we are able to quickly brush his teeth afterwards, otherwise, he gets nothing. He only get to have kix, crakers and asian rice crackers. Josh loves brushing his teeth. When I say, Joshua, brush teeth! Then he will running or sometimes he’ll grab his toothbrush (wherever he left it) and run into the bathroom screaming, YAY! I let him brush his teeth for as long as he wants with the non-flouride toothpaste and then when he’s almost done, I lye him down on the floor and brush his teeth. Sometimes he cries and says, “scared! Scared.” Just because he doesn’t want me to brush his teeth. After that he gets up on the stool again and he cleans his mouth with water. He mastered spitting the water back out instead of swallowing it… so he’s really rinsing his mouth.
Josh will have a few silver crowns put over his teeth. So after 10/22 he’ll look a bit different… maybe… maybe not. They’re only capping the molars in the back.
A shout out to all the mothers- Please take your toddler to see the dentist if you haven’t. Just because everything looks nice on the outside doesn’t me their teeth are cavity free.
Josh is now forward facing and he loves it. he knows when it’s time to go and when we stop. When the stop light turns green, he’ll scream GOOOOOOo! Too cute.
If the weather is nice this coming weekend, we’re going to visit the pumpkin patch or go to the apple orchard. I’ll post pictures after!

Comments
Post a Comment