Mr. O

 He's crawling all over the place. To the kitchen, under the end table, over to the coffee table (trying to lift himself up), under his jumper... the list goes on and on. I often find myself redirecting him. It's like, kid, you just started crawling and now you want to start pulling yourself up?! SLOW down!

As mentioned in my previous blog entry, we started him on solids a few weeks ago.  This week, I started him on baby lead weaning.  Gave him a couple large pieces of bananas and some avocado spears. He didn't like the banana but loved the avocados! I gave him a taste of pho and some beef when we went to have lunch this past weekend.  I think he enjoyed it.





Speaking of eating out this past weekend, Owen sat in a high chair for the first time! I was asked if we needed a highchair for the "baby" and I, without thinking responded, "no", then later realized that I didn't need to wear him because he can sit unassisted now! So, I sent Larry to get the highchair.
It was such a proud moment. He didn't fuss and happily sat in the chair while we ate. Totally going to eat out more often! ^____~




It's official. Owen's first day at daycare will be Feb 3rd. Josh started at Sandcastle Childcare when he was 6mos old and Owen will be in the same class and with the same teachers!  We visited the room on Monday and going back there brought back so many memories of when Josh was there.  Ah, the days when we had to leave the car seat for each other.  What a pain in the butt it was, but we're definitely not going to buy another car seat until Owen grows out of his current one. Anyhow, he'll stay in that class until he's 16mos and then he'll transition over to a different room, which will challenge his gross motor skills with stairs, ramps and all that fun stuff!

Looking forward to another daycare journey!

Comments

  1. such a determined fella! i see that he loves avocados, what a great start! does joshua eat veggies/fruits too? owen looks so content in the high chair, it amazing how fast he is growing! i love chunky babies and he is definitely a chunkster! :) hope all goes well with daycare, i'm sure he will benefit greatly from it. if joshua had a good experience, you have nothing to worry about! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts