What's been happening?!

I haven't blogged much since our visit to the Pumpkin Farm. Life has been pretty busy and I've just been extremely tired and lazy to blog. So! Here are a few highlights of what has happened in our lives. 

October 12, 2014 
My husband, Larry graduated with his Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. It has been long awaited and it was bittersweet when this day arrived. So many sacrifices made. Full support, mentally, emotionally and physically. I could not be any happier for this man.


October 26, 2014
Larry had planned this day out.  As usual, he started my morning off with a beautiful, meaningful card.  Then we dropped the boys off at my sister's place and was on our way to our first destination, by 11am. We stopped by Target for grab some things and as we're sitting in the parking lot, he slyly slips the box of Dramamine (I get motion sick)to me and said, "here, you might want to take this". I laughed and thought, hmm... where ARE we going? I guess, hot air balloon; he said, 'no'. My second guess was that we were gonna get on a boat. He hesitated to answer, so he gave it away.                                                                                                                                     He had made reservations for us to go on a boat tour down the river. It was a 2 hr. trip with brunch served.  We had such a great time. It was definitely, nice to be able to relax and just take some time to just concentrate on us.  

We headed over to Kiln Kreations afterwards and spent a couple of hours there, doing some artwork. It was really interesting to see my husband struggle with his piece. I had some great laughter, watching him.  I do have to give him credit for being a good sport about this whole thing. We made the agreement to come out here during special occasions and create a new tile piece so we can hang them up on our wall for display.  We also want to bring the boys over to get some tiles done.  
Here are our finished pieces.  We have not had the time to hang them up yet, nor do we know where we want them to go.
That was pretty much how we spent my birthday.  All 8 hrs of it. traveling, walking around and just spending time with one another.  

11.26.2014
The boys went night sledding with daddy.  Their first sledding "outing" of 2014.   
I live for moments like these.  Precious!

Thanksgiving Day - 11.27.2014
My day started at 6am in the morning.  I had to haul ass over to my sister's house to put the turkey in the oven.  We spend the rest of the day talking and just taking our sweet time to prepare the other dishes.  This year, our gathering was a bit smaller, without my mom and dad here. It's strange not having them here to spend Thanksgiving with us. We spent majority of the morning thinking about my parents, especially my mom. How she would help us prep and get the Thanksgiving meal ready. As always, we ate at 1.                                                                                                             There was: turkey, ham, asian noodle salad, salad, corn, mashed potates, roasted veggies, asparagus, green bean casserole, beef stew and pies (w/ whip cream and ice cream) 

Our little family headed out to have thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws and stayed there until the late evening before calling it a night. Some relatives came over for dinner as well. It was nice seeing them.                                                                                                     
Since we don't get to spend alot of time with each other as a family, it enjoyed this day very much.  So laid back... and we don't do DRAMA... the way Thanksgiving should be.

Day after Thanksgiving - 11.28.2014 
We always put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  Josh was excited to get the ball rolling. Owen also wanted to help out, however, he was chewing on the ornaments most of the time.  I was actually nervous about putting it up this year, afraid of how Owen would do once the tree was up and to my surprise, he's done pretty well. He's tried to pull ornaments off the tree a few times, but the tree hasn't toppled over, so I guess it's a success!  

Josh found the tree topper and was so impatient. He wan't so badly to put it up on the tree, but I told him he had to wait until we were done decorating the tree.  We didn't event make it all the way done and I already gave in because he kept asking, "are you done yet?", "can I put the star up now?".  

11.29.2014
I completed the tree today. Here's the final look. I'm very pleased with the outcome.
We also started a new tradition this year.  We let Josh purchase an ornament to put on the tree for this year.  Larry and I picked out Owen's. We though the Santa w/ the cat and dog was a perfect fit for Owen, since he's been so obsessed with cats and gods.  
We will continue on with having the boys pick out one ornament each year to add to the tree. I hope to one day give them to the boys to have and maybe use on their tree some day.  

I'm looking forward to Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts